Part of my “to do list” for winter was to make a new black skirt to replace the sad faded RTW one I have. This is made from Simplicity 2698 another Project Runway pattern. I chose the option with the simple two pleats front and back and the top stitched waistband. (previously I made this in the full pleated version here)
I used a gabardine fabric whilst a nice weight for winter, my serger seemed to struggle with on the waistband. I guess with the overlapping waistband and the pleating overlap it was all too much for my little machine to cope! Not to be defeated, I decided to finish the waistband seam with a cute polka dot bias binding.
Not sure if you can see the waist detail, but it is a nice touch I thought, although it does add a bit of bulk that I am not sure I need!
Oh, and if you were wondering where all the white fluff on the skirt comes from, here is the culprit:
Maybe I need to think through my future garment colour palette!