Wow! I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely (and fellow Brisbanite) Erin over at I-heart-fabric – thanks Erin!!
When I first started blogging a few months ago, I had no idea it was going to be so interactive – I didn’t think people would follow me, it really only started so I could document what I was doing and maybe ask advice if I needed help with something. I have “met” some wonderful people out there and I am viewing sewing with renewed passion and enthusiasm, in fact sewing and knitting occupy my mind most of my waking hours!! I love it, so thank you fellow bloggers and commenters, you really make my day with your comments, feedback and shared joy of sewing.
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions posed by your nominator
- Nominate up to 5 other blogs and ask them 11 questions of your own
My research seems to show a couple of variations of this award, some you just nominate 5 other blogs and that is it, others have questions and nominations. I guess it has morphed over the years.
Anyway I don’t mind the questions, so first the facts:
1. I originally from New Zealand
2. I have lived in Brisbane for 11 years
3. My hubby travels a lot for work, so that is why I get to sew and knit so much.
4. I am a crazy cat lady
5. I also garden sporadically, at the moment it is too hot, so it is pretty neglected 😦
6. I LOVE to travel, anywhere. I have been fortunate to have travelled overseas a lot, but there are still so many places and countries left! I try to go overseas at least once a year – this year I am lucky to be going away three times!
7. We are renovating our funky old 1927 house
8. I used to be a national level ice skater in both NZ and Australia
9. One day we intend to move to the Loire Valley in France
10. I have no idea who taught me to knit
11. I love the blogging community, it has really added another element to my ordinarily solitary hobbies by making them more interactive. It is lovely to share projects with people who really get them and understand the intricacies, what is easy and what isn’t. The people I have met in the blogosphere are amazing and are so supportive and friendly.
The 11 questions from Erin:
- When did you start sewing and what introduced you to sewing? I was about 10 and my great-aunt introduced me to it, she took me to a Knitwit course
- What other crafts do you do? I knit, garden and renovate
- What do you look for in a sewing blog? I love great photos with the garments being worn, I don’t like the “on the dummy” look for all garments. I like the writing to be entertaining too
- Who is your inspiration? I don’t have one person that is my inspiration, I just like to try my best to be the best
- Do you have a bizarre talent? ice skating?? rolling my tongue?
- What’s your favourite thing to sew or create for yourself or others? Anything I can wear is great – I don’t really enjoy sewing for others, I know that sounds selfish, but they just don’t understand the hours that go into it
- What have you always wanted to sew but haven’t yet, and why? I have tried most things, I guess jeans would be the only thing I haven’t made, but I just cant seem to find the right denim in the stores.
- Do you have an phobias? I hate yucky feet conditions, you know nail fungus etc, it makes me feel ill seeing pictures of diseased feet! Is that weird?
- What’s something you like to treat yourself with? Trips overseas, I love to travel
- What was one of your favourite things growing up? my family
- Where would you most want to travel in the world and why? so many places, so little time! Italy – the landscape and architecture look stunning; Peru – Machu Picchu and the culture; Bolivia – the scenery; UK – history – sorry I have real difficulty with this one
Hmmm – five other blogs, well this is where I do have a problem, there are so many great blogs out there and I read a lot, so many that I can’t possibly choose 5. So I am going to break the rules and not nominate for fear of offending those who I leave off the list. My blog roll to the left will give you some insight into who I am reading, although I do tend to follow trails and read others that aren’t on the list. Ah the time thief that is the internets, for the sake of preservation, let’s call it research 🙂
Anyway, thanks Erin for nominating me! I hope you all enjoyed a bit of insider knowledge of me!!